The Ten Best Reasons to Live in Cabot
Top Ten Reasons to live, work, and invest In Cabot, Arkansas!
- Big city conveniences with small hometown values - Cabot has an abundance of shopping, dining, and recreation all with the family in mind. The city is also only minutes away from the state's capital, some of the state's best educational facilities, and hospitals as well as an hour or so away from recreational and fishing lakes, deer and duck hunting.
- Best schools anywhere - "The Cabot School District is committed to educating all students to be responsible citizens, who value learning, treat others with dignity and respect, and successfully adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing society." You can find out more about our schools on the Cabot School District website.
- Police Department - The primary goal of the police department is protection of life and property, prevention of crime and apprehension of criminal perpetrators. The department strives to provide the best possible police service to residents of Cabot and to those who work, travel, and shop here. Cabot is the second safest large city in Arkansas according to FBI statistics.
- Fire Department - Our mission is to provide an umbrella of security for our citizens by minimizing the loss of life and property resulting from fires, medical and environmental emergencies or other disasters. The current ISO rate is Class 2; and strategic plans are in place for the growing city.
- Just and fair legal system - The mission of the Cabot District Court is to provide equal justice in the resolution of criminal prosecutions, traffic charges, civil claims and other court related services to the public, without regard to the race, nationality, religion, wealth or poverty of any litigant, witness or advocate who may appear in the court.
- Chamber of Commerce - The Cabot Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization consisting of individuals and businesses who band together to advance the commercial, financial, industrial and civic interest of the Cabot community and surrounding areas. The chamber leads Cabot into the future by taking an active role in business recruitment and local community and economic development. The chamber directs a unified effort to promote Cabot.
- Parks and Recreation - It is the continuing mission of the Cabot Parks and Recreation Commission to acquire, develop, and maintain exemplary parks and recreational facilities and facilitate programs that effectively contribute to the quality of life of all citizens. A long term strategy and plan is in place to accomplish these goals.
- Animal Control Services - The Cabot Animal Shelter cares for numerous homeless animals every year, and thanks to the dedication of our staff, volunteers, and people in we have one of the nicest facilities in Central Arkansas with a very low euthanasia rate, 3.5% in 2016.
- Golf Courses - The city of Cabot is blessed with some of the state's finest golfing facilities: Rolling Hills Country Club, Cypress Creek Golf Club, and Greystone Country Club.
- Local media coverage - Cabot has two great newspapers, The Star Herald and The Leader, which provide excellent up-to-date as well as archived information, classifieds, and real estate listings.
- Little Rock Air Force Base - is the primary C-130 Hercules training base for the Department of Defense, training C-130 pilots, navigators, flight engineers, and loadmasters from all branches of the US military in tactical airlift and aerial delivery. It is home to C-130J aircraft, as well as the C-130 Center of Excellence (i.e., schools for C-130 crews). The host unit is the 19th Airlift Wing assigned to the Air Mobility Command21st Expeditionary Mobility Task Force. The wing provides the Department of Defense the largest C-130 Hercules transport fleet in the world, supplying humanitarian airlift relief to victims of disasters, as well as airdropping supplies and troops into the heart of contingency operations in hostile areas.
Cabot is a caring and volunteering community with pride!